Three Card Poker Review
Three Card Poker is an easy and free game to play that offers great rewards if you use the right strategy. In this game, the player will only receive three cards, and the dealer will get the same. One thing that you must know is that the hands here are not in the same rank as the normal five-card poker variants.
Here, the straight has a higher ranking than a flush because it is much more difficult to land. You can play it in casinos online or in a land-based casino. You can also access live-dealer games like the one from evolution gaming.
These are the steps to go through.
- You must first put a bet on the ante.
- Next, you will receive three cards face up
- The house will also get three cards, face down.
- At this point, you need to decide if you will play or fold.
- If you fold, the dealer wins and will reveal his card
- If you play, you need to wager an extra amount equal to your ante. This is called the Play bet
- The cards will be compared, and the winner will be declared.
There is one important rule that you must know. The house needs to have a Queen or higher to qualify. What this means is that if the dealer’s hand does not have a Queen high or better, you will be paid 1:1 on your ante bet, but your Play bet is a push.
If the dealer qualifies, then the cards will be compared. If you win you get paid 1:1 on both the ante and the play bet. If you lose, the dealer will take both your ante and play bet.
The game also offers a bonus round. The first is called the Pairs Plus. This is a separate bet that you need to place. The amount can be anything.
If your hand has a pair or better, you win a cash prize, even if your hand lost to the dealer. The payout is:
- STRAIGHT FLUSH – pays 40 to 1
- THREE OF A KIND – pays 30 to 1
- STRAIGHT – you will receive 5 to 1
- FLUSH – pay is 4 to 1
- PAIR – has the smallest pay at 1 to 1
Some versions also have the 6-card bonus that will pay more money. If you wager here, you will be paid a different set of prizes. The goal of this bet is to make a good 5-card hand out of your and the dealer’s hands. The payout or jackpots grid is shown below:
- ROYAL FLUSH – 1000 to 1
- STRAIGHT FLUSH – 200 to 1
- FOUR SAME CARDS- 50 to 1
- FULL HOUSE – 25 to 1
- FLUSH – 20 to 1
- STRAIGHT – 10 to 1
- THREE SAME CARDS – 5 to 1
Lastly, you will also get an ante bonus if your hand is a:
- Straight Flush – 5 to 1
- 3 of a Kind – 4 to 1
- Straight – 1 to 1
The ante bonus will be paid even if you lost to the dealer.
The RTP is not known, but the house edge is 3.37%.