Video Poker is one of the youngest casino games that has managed to gain the attention of millions across the globe to become a staple in casino portfolios. Even though the game’s introduction into the gambling industry in the eighties may make it seem like it has been around for a significant amount of time, the period is short in comparison to that of others like roulette and baccarat that have been played for centuries. Over the years, numerous variations have been developed, and one of the most famous is Joker Poker.
Numerous casino game developers have released the Joker Poker video game variation, Microgaming is one of them. This software giant uses the conventional fifty-two cards for gameplay. A joker card is included, which acts as the wild and can be used in the place of any other.
Playing the New Classic
This title has a simple gameplay procedure that is one of the main reasons why it is popular among gamers. The procedure is conducted as follows:
- Choose a stake to place in correspondence to the wins one wants to land as placed on the paytable at the screen top;
- Select the deal option where five cards will be dealt;
- Choose to hold the cards that leave you with the highest hand;
- Press draw and get the rewards for the respective hand.
After every win, players can choose to engage in a gamble feature to try and double their wins. In the round, one has to choose a card that is of a higher value than that of the dealer or risk losing all their wins.
Your wins are collected by ending up with poker hands, just like those used in the cards in real life. The most valuable of them all is the natural Royal Flush that consists of five consecutive numbers of the same suit. The hand pays out the game’s jackpots of five thousand credits. The other hands pay as follows when the highest stake is placed:
- Five of a kind – one thousand credits
- Joker Royal Flush – five hundred
- Straight flush – two hundred and fifty
- Four of a kind – eighty-five
- Full house – thirty-five
- Flush – twenty-five
- Straight – fifteen credits
No bonuses are included in this straightforward game.
The Bottom Line
Joker Poker can be played for free or real money in numerous Microgaming casinos online. The RTP rate of the game is around 98%.