One of the long-standing popular and favourite slots out there is Starburst by NetEnt. It is often one of the most advertised titles at casino portals that pack in simple, reel fun and is an attractive way to get players to try the reels and find wins from the same. It is a video slot that is fast-paced and high energy, captivating gamblers from the very first spin. Launched six years back, it is one that retains its popularity even today.
Design and Gameplay Features
Starburst slot machines feature sharp visuals and include fast spinning reels. The basic space theme is evident from the backdrop of stars and an ethereal soundtrack that plays in the background in no download mode. Wins come in as the spins move and these are accompanied by blasts of the music of high energy. Gameplay is straightforward and does not include bonus rounds or free spins. However, the most characteristic feature included here is expanding wilds and respins.
The matrix setup represents 3 rows and 5 reels. Paylines are fixed at 10, and these pay both ways. The highest paying icon is gold bar which overlaps a planet with a golden ring. The lucky 7 is a high paying icon as well as it comes with a planetary twist; there are other theme-specific symbols designed as sparkling multi-shaped jewels of different colours.
How to Play?
Starburst slot can be tried with the following steps:
- When you open the reels you will find the buttons at the bottom to wager on the lines and set the paylines accordingly;
- Bets can be placed between the minimum and maximum wagering limits; this varies between 20p to $1 every spin;
- A gambler can also set auto mode that sets the lines moving a specific number of times in an uninterrupted manner;
- Max bet is a feature that allows one to set maximum bet on all paylines; this also increases the probability of a gambler to land maximum or jackpot win which can be $50,000;
- Once the game is activated, symbols come on, and as they form winning combinations they lead to payouts;
- Starburst wild icon in multi-colours comes on the central reels; it can substitute for other icons, acts as an expanding wild as well and triggers the feature of wild respins.
Wins in the Game
One can see wins in the game as follows:
- 3, 4, 5 of the bar icons provide payouts such as 50, 200 and 250 coins with the maximum wager;
- 3, 4, 5 of the lucky seven symbols on the reels give 25, 60 and 120 as payout respectively;
- 3, 4, 5 of the green gem icon gives 8, 20 and 50 accordingly with the maximum bet amount;
- Other icons such as orange, blue and purple jewels are lower-paying but can still prove lucrative when they are found on the reels;
- The golden bar acts as a symbol of the highest value; since the payline can offer wins either ways, one can double the win amount; with max bet on 10 levels, one can stand to win the jackpot prize.
Starburst by NetEnt is known to be simple and straightforward. The typical setup and mobile compatibility make it a favourite among other NetEnt games. Those who like slots that are fast-paced will like to try this title among other NetEnt games. Many casino portals host this game online in free practice mode. RTP here is 96% which is a standard return percentage.